- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 apples, unpeeled, cut from the core, and chopped into bite size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut up 3 or 4 apples, until you get about 2-1/2 or 3 cups.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the apples.
- The acid in the lemon juice prevents the apples from turning brown.
- The raisins will taste best if you plump them first.
- Do this by measuring them into a cereal bowl and adding enough warm tap water to cover them completely.
- Allow them to sit for a few minutes, absorbing the water, and softening up.
- Drain them very well when you need them. I actually squeeze them to make sure they are very dry.
- Chop up the celery, it should take about 2 ribs or so.
- Add walnuts.
- Mix everything together in a medium sized bowl with the Miracle Whip and sugar, coating all of the ingredients.
- It is now ready to serve, or you can chill it overnight.
NotesI like to use yellow & red apples to add color & taste. The leaves on the ribs of celery are also good. My momma always made this for the Forth of July And at Christmas, she'd add a touch of cinnamon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More