- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Beat 1 egg in a measuring cup;
- add enough vinegar to measure 1/2 cup.
- Then add enough sugar to measure 1 cup.
- Warm 1 cup heavy cream.
- Add egg mixture and cook until thickened.
- Set aside and let chill.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup raisins, and 4 apples, cored and chopped. I like either Gala or Pink Lady because of their tartness. Add the cooled dressing and mix well. Chill overnight.
NotesThis is one of my favorite salads. Don't taste test it before it is chilled. It doesn't taste good until it sets and chills.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More