- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Beat 1 egg in a measuring cup;
- add enough vinegar to measure 1/2 cup.
- Then add enough sugar to measure 1 cup.
- Warm 1 cup heavy cream.
- Add egg mixture and cook until thickened.
- Set aside and let chill.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup raisins, and 4 apples, cored and chopped. I like either Gala or Pink Lady because of their tartness. Add the cooled dressing and mix well. Chill overnight.
NotesThis is one of my favorite salads. Don't taste test it before it is chilled. It doesn't taste good until it sets and chills.