- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my favorite salads. Don't taste test it before it is chilled. It doesn't taste good until it sets and chills.
- Beat 1 egg in a measuring cup;
- add enough vinegar to measure 1/2 cup.
- Then add enough sugar to measure 1 cup.
- Warm 1 cup heavy cream.
- Add egg mixture and cook until thickened.
- Set aside and let chill.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup raisins, and 4 apples, cored and chopped. I like either Gala or Pink Lady because of their tartness. Add the cooled dressing and mix well. Chill overnight.