- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 360 grams (1 cup) honey
- 250mL (1 cup) heavy cream
- 550-600g (2.5 - 3 cups) toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh espresso powder
- 1. Place the toasted, chopped nuts into a bowl and set aside.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm dish with nonstick baking paper, fold corners so it doesn’t pop out.
- 2. Heat honey, cream, espresso powder & salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with high sides (this mixture is prone to lots of foaming!) over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cook whilst continuously stirring for 20 minutes or till mixture reaches 125 degrees C (firm ball stage).
- 3. Pour walnuts into the caramel and quickly stir well to combine, then pour into the lined dish.
- Lightly rub the back of a spatula/large metal spoon with oil and use it to firmly press the mixture into the corners and level it down. Store in the fridge till it has firmed up and set.
- 4. Lightly rub a sharp kitchen knife with oil, then carefully slice the block of caramel into bite size pieces (such as those pictured above). Take a roll of non-stick baking paper and cut into little squares that are big enough to comfortably wrap around each of the caramels, then wrap them all up and store in a cool, dry place to be enjoyed when you wish!
- Read more about this recipe on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
NotesBeing a complete and utter nut freak, I have to admit that when it comes to cooking with nuts, my first choice is always the walnut - its soft, meaty flesh, fragrant oil and mild flavour, it is great for eating on its own or for use in any variety of dishes, sweet or savoury (though, me being me, my penchant is for sweet!)
So here is another sweet recipe to take advantage of the wonderfulness that encompasses this much loved nut!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More