- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Servings: 12-16 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Add eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 F. for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Check out other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesMy Aunt gave me this recipe, I have eaten it many times at her place and I have served it many times myself over the last 30 years. It is easy to put together and wonderfully fruity. I like to serve it with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More