WALNUT BUTTER BARS, FROM FREEZER TO OVEN!
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound + 12oz softened butter
- 1 pound sugar
- 1T pure vanilla extract
- 1t salt
- 1 pound + 12oz bread flour
- 12 oz walnuts, halves or pieces
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt with the paddle attachment.
- Add the bread flour and then the nuts.
- Chill until firm
- Roll into logs, slice and bake at 375 until light golden on the edges.
NotesThis is one of my favorite recipes from my favorite book- Bo Friberg's The Professional Pastry Chef. These are easy, easy, easy, and they taste so good! I always include these in my holiday gift baskets to friends and family.
You can make these to the point of shaping into logs and them wrap and freeze for 2 months! Just slice off what you need and bake whenever you want a treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More