- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySource: Classic Eagle Brand Desserts
- 2 Cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Cup cold margarine or butter
- 1 (14-oz.) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk(not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream,unwhipped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped walnuts
- Chocolate drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350. In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar;cut in margarine until crumbly.Press firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Meanwhile,in a heavy saucepan,combine eagle brand,cream and vanilla. Over medium-high heat,cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium;cook and stir until mixture thickens,8 to 10 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Garnish with chocolate drizzle. Chill. Cut into triangles. Store covered at room temperature.
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 tsp. shortening.