- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI used to make this all the time, and then I forgot about it for a while. Very quick and tasty -- I use fat free sour cream and sometimes fat free half-and-half instead of whipping cream. It is from Taste of Home magazine, many years ago. It's not a traditional cream sauce -- the parmesan and walnuts give it a unique texture.
- * 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- * 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- * 1/2 cup chicken broth
- * 1/4 cup sour cream
- * 1/4 cup whipping cream
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- * 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- * 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth. reduce heat. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, whipping cream, salt and pepper; stir into broth mixture (do not boil). Drain fettuccine and place in a large serving bowl. Add the cream sauce, Parmesan cheese and walnuts; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.