- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, toasted
- 4 -6 oz Alaskan halibut filets
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, light
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups clover honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Stir a pinch of salt and pepper into the flour and reserve in a shallow dish.
- Whish together the honey and soy sauce and reserve.
- Dip the halibut filets in the flour, coating thoroughly and shaking gently to remove any excess. Next dip them in the egg wash, draining off any excess, and immediately roll in the walnuts to coat. Reserve for 5 minutes to allow the coating to "set."
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold the filets and add the fish. Cook on one side until golden brown, flip carefully and finish in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with the reserved sauce.
- Per serving: 1104 calories, 50g protein, 149g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 160mg cholesterol, 1937mg sodium, 39g total fat, 5g saturated fat
- The Cutting Horse Restaurant recipe provided courtesy of Chef Joey Kistler
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More