- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 recipe frosting:
- 1/2 cup softend butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
- In food processor finely grind the nuts with 2 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp orange juice; process until combined. Using a level tablespoon shape some nut mixture into 12 balls; set aside remaining.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt;set aside.
- Beat butter in mixer 30 seconds; beat in 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, orange juice, milk, and oil on low speed.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beat until just combined.
- Spoon half of batter into cups, top with walnut balls, then remaining batter.
- bake for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread with frosting, top with reserved nuts.
- Beat butter, whipping cream, orange zest until combined.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
NotesThis recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens. I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to put it on here, so I could save it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More