- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens. I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to put it on here, so I could save it.
- 2 1/4 cups walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 recipe frosting:
- 1/2 cup softend butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
- In food processor finely grind the nuts with 2 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp orange juice; process until combined. Using a level tablespoon shape some nut mixture into 12 balls; set aside remaining.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt;set aside.
- Beat butter in mixer 30 seconds; beat in 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, orange juice, milk, and oil on low speed.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beat until just combined.
- Spoon half of batter into cups, top with walnut balls, then remaining batter.
- bake for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread with frosting, top with reserved nuts.
- Beat butter, whipping cream, orange zest until combined.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
Fun appetizers and snacks
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Surprisingly VEGANSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More