- Cooking Time: 5-7
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 c toasted walnuts
- 1T granulated sugar
- ¼ c butter or margarine, cut up
- ½ c firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ c light corn syrup
- 6 T flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend ½ c toasted walnuts with 1 T granulated sugar in food processor until very fine.
- Combine ¼ c butter or margarine, cut up, ½ c firmly packed brown sugar and ¼ c light corn syrup in medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnut mixture, 6 T flour and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
- Drop by level teaspoonfuls 3” apart on cookie sheets lined with Reynolds Parchment paper.
- Bake until browned 5-7 minutes.
- Let stand until firm enough to remove from sheets, about 1 minute.
- Quickly transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesI can always remember my mother making these at Christmas time. I used to eat them by the dozen since they are so light and crispy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More