- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1lb ground beef (you can do turkey too)
- 1 small can tomato sauce plus some water in the can after
- soy sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Some cooked rice to put this over (my favorite way to eat it) or bread
- Optional Toppings
- green onion
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef/turkey, it is ok to season the meat if you normaly do but not nessary
- drain off fat
- add the taco seasoing, and tomato sauce fill the can almost to the top with hot water and add that too
- Add the soy sauce I go around the outside of the pan once if it is a large pan you can add more or less depending on your salt tolerance.
- stir together and simmer about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or on a bun with your favorite toppings. Cheese is a huge hit with this.
NotesThese can be very salty but everyone I have made it for loves it. It is a good alternative to the sweet ones in the can. Also my cousin discovered that you should not use oregano or Italian seasoning because then it tastes like spaghetti sauce.....duhhh! LOL!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More