- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1lb ground beef (you can do turkey too)
- 1 small can tomato sauce plus some water in the can after
- soy sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Some cooked rice to put this over (my favorite way to eat it) or bread
- Optional Toppings
- green onion
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef/turkey, it is ok to season the meat if you normaly do but not nessary
- drain off fat
- add the taco seasoing, and tomato sauce fill the can almost to the top with hot water and add that too
- Add the soy sauce I go around the outside of the pan once if it is a large pan you can add more or less depending on your salt tolerance.
- stir together and simmer about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or on a bun with your favorite toppings. Cheese is a huge hit with this.
NotesThese can be very salty but everyone I have made it for loves it. It is a good alternative to the sweet ones in the can. Also my cousin discovered that you should not use oregano or Italian seasoning because then it tastes like spaghetti sauce.....duhhh! LOL!