- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 sweet apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz.) pkg. prepared, unbaked pie crust, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, flour, salt, apple pie spice and vanilla extract until evenly coated.
- Lay pie dough flat on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Pile apples on one side of dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Brush border and opposite half side of dough with milk.
- Fold dough over apples, being careful not to over stuff or the dough will tear.
- Fold over edges and pinch together to seal.
- Cut several small slits in the top of the pocket with a sharp knife, then brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until flaky and golden brown.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Adventures in CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More