- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 sweet apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz.) pkg. prepared, unbaked pie crust, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, flour, salt, apple pie spice and vanilla extract until evenly coated.
- Lay pie dough flat on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Pile apples on one side of dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Brush border and opposite half side of dough with milk.
- Fold dough over apples, being careful not to over stuff or the dough will tear.
- Fold over edges and pinch together to seal.
- Cut several small slits in the top of the pocket with a sharp knife, then brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until flaky and golden brown.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More