- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 sheets Puff pastry dough, thawed but cold
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Large Eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 Prep ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl, beat egg well. Set aside. Sprinkle flour on a cutting board or small part of the counter to use as a workspace. Lay out one sheet of puff pastry (keep other in fridge until this one’s done). Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 6-8 even squares (can do more or less depending on how big you want the turnovers to be).
- 2 Fill pastry squares.
- Put a small dollop of applesauce – about 2 tsp – in the middle of each square then fold into a triangle and seal the edges together by pressing on them with a fork. Place triangles on a parchment-lined (or nonstick) baking sheet. Using a pastry brush or paintbrush, paint each turnover with a little of the beaten egg then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Place this sheet in the fridge while you prepare the 2nd batch of turnovers in the same manner with the other puff pastry sheet.
- 3 Bake and cool.
- Bake both sheets at 400 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let cool for 5-10 minutes (inside is very hot!) then serve on a large platter.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More