- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWell somewhere it´s still summer and somewhere it is always summer :) This is a typical Icelandic dish that is served when many ladies come together to have a good time without their husbands and chat gossip :) Well it is then made in the evening to cover for all the delicious cakes that are also served on nights like this.
- 1 whole white bread
- 1 cup (american) cream
- 1 pck small brie cheese of your choice
- Melt the cheese with the cream over very low heat, must not cook
- 6-8 slices ham
- red/green bell pepper
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 5 mushrooms
- 5-6 slices pepperoni saucage (spicy)
- 4 tbsp crushed pinapple
- grated cheese on top
- Chop the vegetables small and cut the ham and pepperoni small too and mix together in a bowl.
- Butter lightly a lasagne dish or other oven proof form.
- Put half of the bread torn in bits and pieces in the form, then divide the vegetables and meat mixture over the bread in all corners too.
- Then pour over the half of the melted cheese mixture, then the remaining bread and then the remaining sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C or until cheese has melted and looks bubbly and nice.
- Enjoy for Brunch with coffee or in the evening with a glass of white wine e.g.