- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: Lots
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 500g (17oz) Cream Cheese
- 300g (10oz) Cottage Cheese
- 200g (7oz) Tasty Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2-4 Spring Onions (scallions/green onions)
- 200g (7oz) Bacon, chopped
- 7-8" Round Crusty Cob Loaf
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
- Cut the top off of the bread and scoop out the bread. Leaving about a 1/2 inch crust - so you now have a bowl made of bread.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until softened and smooth.
- Beat in the cottage cheese, tasty cheddar cheese, bacon (there is no need to cook the bacon first) and onion until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the bread 'bowl' until completely full.
- Put the top of the bread back on, wrap the loaf in foil and place in the oven for one hour.
- Meanwhile break the bread insides into bite size peices and lay on a baking tray.
- After the dip has been in the oven for 40-45 minutes put the tray of bread in the oven to crispen the bread bits.
- Serve the warmed dip in its bread bowl on a platter with the crisp bread around the edges. When that runs out you then start to eat the crusty bowl!!!
NotesI had this at a friend's party and I couldn't get enough of it. It is the type of dish that is very easy and because you use the bread as a dish very few dishes... which I love!!!
It doesn't have to be exact and you can vary the flavours... Tuna and Corn, Currypowder and boiled egg... let your imagination go wild!!!
I have converted the weight to ounces for those who don't use grams.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More