- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups raw whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts -- optional
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar (maybe reduce a bit?)
- 1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the pie; in a large mixing bowl combine the flour; sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, cranberries, and walnuts. Mix well and transfer to 2 ungreased 9-inch pie pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, until
- sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour the sauce over the two pies.
- Cut in wedges and serve hot.
- Serving Ideas : I bet this would be good with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Yield: 2 pies
NotesContributor: Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook pg.123
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More