- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups raw whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts -- optional
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar (maybe reduce a bit?)
- 1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the pie; in a large mixing bowl combine the flour; sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, cranberries, and walnuts. Mix well and transfer to 2 ungreased 9-inch pie pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, until
- sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour the sauce over the two pies.
- Cut in wedges and serve hot.
- Serving Ideas : I bet this would be good with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Yield: 2 pies
NotesContributor: Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook pg.123
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More