Warm Crock Pot Chili
1 lb Lean Ground Beef (can use ground turkey to make leaner)
1 medium Yellow Onion, peeled and diced. ( I usually put mine in the Ninja Food Processor)
4 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 can Chipotle Chili in Adobo Sauce (to reduce level of heat you can squeeze the juice out of the chilis and only use the sauce in the chili)
2 cans Tomato Paste (6oz)
1 C Low Sodium Beef Broth
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Optional toppings: Low fat cheese, Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), green onions
1. Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the beef is completely browned, crumbling the beef with a spoon as it cooks.
2. Drain about half of the excess fat from sauté pan.
3. Transfer the beef into the bottom of a slow cooker.
4. Add the rest of ingredients.
5. Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
6. Pair with a side salad/veggies and enjoy!