- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large egg whites
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-ounce pieces
- 1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Lightly butter six 6-ounce ramekins, dust with sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, lemon rind and poppy seeds; set aside.
- 3. In the 4-1/2 quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer using the wire whip attachment, whip the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale and forms a ribbon when the whip is lifted.
- 4. Place the egg whites in a medium grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric mixer whip the whites to soft peaks.
- 5. Fold the flour mixture into the yolk/sugar mixture then add the melted butter and gently mix until combined. Fold in the egg whites until combined. Fill each of the prepared ramekins 3/4 full and place a 1-ounce piece of chocolate in the center of the batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Gently invert the cake onto a dessert plate and serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More