- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch curly endive or escarole (about 3/4 pound), roughly chopped
- 1 head radicchio (about 3/4 pound), cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed capers, drained
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or wok over medium high heat. Add endive and radicchio and cook, stirring constantly, until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Add capers, olives, pepper flakes and currants and cook, tossing gently, for another 15 seconds. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle pine nuts and orange zest on top. Serve immediately.
NotesFor a variation on the typical green salad, try this warm winter version. Gently sautéed curly endive or escarole and radicchio create the base, while capers, olives, currants, pine nuts and orange zest make this salad dance in your mouth. Add crisp bacon, grilled sausage, or prosciutto for a heartier dish.
Per serving (about 6oz/183g-wt.): 200 calories (140 from fat), 16g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 15g total carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 3g protein
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More