- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60-180
- 4 6-ounce grilling steaks (sirloin or filet)
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds (optional)
- Trim the steaks and toss with WAFU® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing to marinate, for at least 1 hour but up to 3.
- Preheat the BBQ on high for 10 minutes. Reduce to medium-high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks, uncovered, on a lightly oiled grill rack, turning over once, 10-12 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter and let stand, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and quickly sauté. Add the asparagus and stir-fry until tender but crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and toss in the sesame seeds.
- To serve, divide the asparagus amongst 4 plates. Place steaks on asparagus. (Or cut steak crosswise on diagonal into thin slices.) Garnish with WAFU® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing.
NotesSteak-lovers beware. A wasabi kick your taste buds will thank you for.