- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (my favorite for mashies)
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 1/2 C butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, smacked
- 1 Tbls Wasabi paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt & pepper
- green onions
- Peel & cut potatoes and boil until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine evaporated milk, butter and smacked garlic. (smacked garlic is just peeled then smacked with the flat side of knife... bigger chunks than a rough chop)
- Heat on low heat until butter is melted and hot. Don't boil it.
- I usually prefer 'mashed' potatoes... but this time I used my hand mixer, for extra smooth creaminess.
- Drain cooked potatoes.
- Strain garlic out of milk & butter.
- Pour milk & butter into potatoes and whip with hand mixer.
- Add in sesame oil, wasabi and salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with green onions.
NotesI need a side dish to go with Miso Ginger Chicken. I'd heard of Wasabi Mashed Potatoes but never tried them. So I looked at a lot of recipes on line, then just kinda winged it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More