- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- Half an ounce of organic parsley chopped (roughly a quarter of an average parsley bunch).
- The juice of one large or two small lemons (minus the seeds).
- One large organic cucumber, diced with the peel on and seeds kept (peel first if you can’t find organic).
- As much chilled watermelon with the seeds as you can fit into the blender.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until you can see the parsley leaves finely chopped and the seeds in little pieces.
- A good blender is needed for blending up green superfoods like parsley. If yours isn't that powerful dice the parsley up finely before blending.
- Watermelon really doesn’t keep once blended so you’d want to drink this smoothie right away.
- I’d appreciate hearing any feedback on how you feel after making up this parsley smoothie. Personally, I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a better tasting kidney cleanser.
NotesWatermelon, cucumber, lemon juice and parsley are all excellent kidney cleansers and this smoothie recipe is a healthy and refreshing way to help flush the kidneys of the deposits that can lead to kidney stones.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Italian Exchange
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More