- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 c. seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 c. Greek yogurt or 1 1/2 c. regular yogurt, strained
- about 1/4 c. sugar (adjusted to taste)
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP light rum or vodka
- 1. Puree watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor. Strain out the grainy pulp and discard.
- 2. Return watermelon juice to the blender. Add the yogurt, lime juice, and rum or vodka, and blend until well-combined. Add sugar a little at a time. Taste and adjust as necessary.
- 3. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Enjoy as soft yogurt immediately or place in a freezer-safe container to achieve a hard freeze. Keeps up to two weeks.
NotesIt's really difficult to top sitting in the back yard with your family and a big ol' slice of watermelon on a summer night, but this fro yo might just come pretty darn close. It's slight, refreshing, and perfectly sweet for a summer dessert. If you're looking for a fun twist on watermelon, give this a try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Social CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More