- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 c. seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 c. Greek yogurt or 1 1/2 c. regular yogurt, strained
- about 1/4 c. sugar (adjusted to taste)
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP light rum or vodka
- 1. Puree watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor. Strain out the grainy pulp and discard.
- 2. Return watermelon juice to the blender. Add the yogurt, lime juice, and rum or vodka, and blend until well-combined. Add sugar a little at a time. Taste and adjust as necessary.
- 3. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Enjoy as soft yogurt immediately or place in a freezer-safe container to achieve a hard freeze. Keeps up to two weeks.
NotesIt's really difficult to top sitting in the back yard with your family and a big ol' slice of watermelon on a summer night, but this fro yo might just come pretty darn close. It's slight, refreshing, and perfectly sweet for a summer dessert. If you're looking for a fun twist on watermelon, give this a try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More