- Cooking Time: 30 minutes plus cooling
- Servings: 4 half pint jars
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups diced watermelon, seeds picked out (slightly overripe is fine)
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 oz. liquid pectin
- Put watermelon in blender and puree.
- You should wind up with 2 cups of watermelon puree.
- Put puree, sugar and lemon juice in 6 to 8 quart pot, kettle or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down) stirring constantly with a long handled wooden spoon.
- Add pectin all at once, continuing to stir constantly.
- Bring to another full rolling boil; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Pour into half pint jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal.
- Wipe rims, adjust lids and allow to cool completely in cool dark place free from drafts.
NotesI got this recipe from the wife of the man who owns a local fruit stand. She says that she spreads this jelly on a hot biscuit, adds a tiny sprinkle of salt and it tastes like summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More