- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup cold small cubed cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted black olive halves
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor of the raw onion. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, cheese, black olives, onions with the lime juice, and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend. Dig in and be prepared for a pleasant surprise!
NotesThis is a recipe I stumbled upon one hot lazy afternoon. Don't be scared by the ingredients, they work together to make a very tasty and refreshing salad. Go ahead and try it
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More