- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Handful of arugula or baby spinach
- Combine onion and juice in a medium bowel; let stand 10 minutes. Add watermelon, olives, parsley, and mint. Cover and chill 1 hour, gently mix arugula and sprinkle with cheese.
NotesThis recipe came from a magazine I picked up at the airport on my way to do a charter years ago, I've always loved the freshness of this salad and my charter guests have frequently asked for the recipe. As it is always a challenge finding ingredients on most Islands, the ingredients of this recipe was generally available. Sometimes I would substitute arugula for baby spinach leaves ...nice as well.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More