- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThe best way to describe this salsa. It's a fresh, cool, crisp summer treat with just a touch of peppery warmth following the lightly sweet crunch. I spooned it over boneless chicken breasts, but can go with anything.
- 2 cups fresh ripe watermelon, diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 8 to 10 large sweet basil leaves, chopped fine
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (add additional to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients together, stirring gently, and serve immediately.
- To prepare in advance, mix all ingredients except for the watermelon, and chill. Add diced, chilled watermelon just prior to serving. The watermelon exudes a bit of excess water if it stands long. Drain watermelon briefly in strainer before adding.
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- COOK TIME 0 Min
- SERVINGS 4