- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups fresh ripe watermelon, diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
- 8 to 10 large sweet basil leaves, chopped fine
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (add additional to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients together, stirring gently, and serve immediately.
- To prepare in advance, mix all ingredients except for the watermelon, and chill. Add diced, chilled watermelon just prior to serving. The watermelon exudes a bit of excess water if it stands long. Drain watermelon briefly in strainer before adding.
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- COOK TIME 0 Min
- SERVINGS 4
NotesThe best way to describe this salsa. It's a fresh, cool, crisp summer treat with just a touch of peppery warmth following the lightly sweet crunch. I spooned it over boneless chicken breasts, but can go with anything.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More