- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom) in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as dill, basil, and mint)
- 6 cups fresh arugula leaves or small watercress sprigs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine melon and tomatoes in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to blend; let stand 15 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and herbs to melon mixture. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, if desired.
- Toss arugula in medium bowl with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Divide arugula among plates. Top with melon salad; sprinkle with feta cheese and toasted almonds and serve.
NotesHad a similar salad out one night, and it changed the way I eat watermelon!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More