- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom) in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as dill, basil, and mint)
- 6 cups fresh arugula leaves or small watercress sprigs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine melon and tomatoes in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to blend; let stand 15 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and herbs to melon mixture. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, if desired.
- Toss arugula in medium bowl with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Divide arugula among plates. Top with melon salad; sprinkle with feta cheese and toasted almonds and serve.
NotesHad a similar salad out one night, and it changed the way I eat watermelon!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More