- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 12 - 8 oz jars
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cranberries, 1 bag +,..approx 5 cups
- Apples, peeled and fine chopped - 1 cup
- Ginger Root ,peeled and minced - 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar, 4cups packed
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 cups
- Cinnamon, 2 Tbl spns
- Arrow root , 1/4 cup ( optional as a thickener )
- Prepare chopped apples, 1 cup = 1 lrg apple
- rinse cranberries and remove bruised berries, 5 cups
- mince ginger, 1/2 cup
- In a large saucepan, add 3 cups cider vinegar and bring to a boil at medium heat.
- add 4 cups packed brown sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- add apple and ginger root first followed by the cinnamon .
- boil 3 mins.
- add Cranberries and boil until you hear the 'popping [sound of the berries bursting.
- Turn heat off and stir in ArrowRoot Thickener. Corn starch may be sub'd at 1 Tbsp.
- Immeadiately Can in 6 - 8 oz jars.
- should yield 12 x 8 oz. jars.
- turn upside down to cool and set overnite.
- note- to burst all the cranberries open for a smoother sauce, boil until popping sound stops. You may want to try a half and half recipe. I personally love the flavor burst of the berries on my tongue but some are a little 'surprised'.
NotesWith fresh harvested Cranberries , Apples and Ginger root you can simply and quickly make a very unique cranberrie sauce to delight your family and friends at Holiday meals. Great with Ice Cream for dessert as well as with Roast Turkey.