- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 12 - 8 oz jars
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cranberries, 1 bag +,..approx 5 cups
- Apples, peeled and fine chopped - 1 cup
- Ginger Root ,peeled and minced - 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar, 4cups packed
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 cups
- Cinnamon, 2 Tbl spns
- Arrow root , 1/4 cup ( optional as a thickener )
- Prepare chopped apples, 1 cup = 1 lrg apple
- rinse cranberries and remove bruised berries, 5 cups
- mince ginger, 1/2 cup
- In a large saucepan, add 3 cups cider vinegar and bring to a boil at medium heat.
- add 4 cups packed brown sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- add apple and ginger root first followed by the cinnamon .
- boil 3 mins.
- add Cranberries and boil until you hear the 'popping [sound of the berries bursting.
- Turn heat off and stir in ArrowRoot Thickener. Corn starch may be sub'd at 1 Tbsp.
- Immeadiately Can in 6 - 8 oz jars.
- should yield 12 x 8 oz. jars.
- turn upside down to cool and set overnite.
- note- to burst all the cranberries open for a smoother sauce, boil until popping sound stops. You may want to try a half and half recipe. I personally love the flavor burst of the berries on my tongue but some are a little 'surprised'.
NotesWith fresh harvested Cranberries , Apples and Ginger root you can simply and quickly make a very unique cranberrie sauce to delight your family and friends at Holiday meals. Great with Ice Cream for dessert as well as with Roast Turkey.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More