1 cup pecan pieces (I used almonds)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, divided
2 cups ap flour
2 tsp vanilla (I used one tsp almond, 1 tsp vanilla, accidentally)
1/8 tsp salt
1. Place nuts in food processor and pulse until ground, but not pasty.
2. Beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup flour, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low until blended. Stir in remaining flour and ground nuts. Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12-15 min or until golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 min.
5. Meanwhile, place 1 cup powdered sugar in 13x9 inch glass dish. Transfer hot cookies to powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Let cookies cool in sugar.
6. Sift remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar over sugar-coated cookies before serving. Store tightly covered at room temp or freeze up to 1 month.
Pairs Well With
They used to serve these at my elementary school.....and I was recently wondering if they were as tasty as I remember.
Oh yes, they sure are.