- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion(s), chopped
- 14 3/4 oz canned cream-style white corn
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 piece bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 6 oz lump crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp 2% reduced fat milk
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add celery and onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, broth, sherry, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and celery seed; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in crabmeat.
- Combine milk with flour and whisk into soup; cook until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves and serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.