- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
- 12 cups popped popcorn (popped without salt or fat)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the sugar mixture over it in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir to break up any large clumps. Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.