- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
- 12 cups popped popcorn (popped without salt or fat)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the sugar mixture over it in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir to break up any large clumps. Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More