- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 large egg yolk(s)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup light butter, melted and still hot
- In a blender, combine egg substitute, egg yolk, lemon juice, salt and pepper; puree until blended.
- With blender running on high, add melted butter in a steady stream. Process until sauce thickens, about 10 to 20 seconds. Serve warm. Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.
- This lightened-up sauce gets its ‘slimness’ from egg substitute and light butter instead of egg yolks and regular butter. Spoon the thick, warm sauce over fish, broiled and roasted poultry and meat, and vegetables like broccoli, asparagus and cauliflower.
- Tip: To make this a Béarnaise sauce, use dry white wine instead of lemon juice and add 1/2 teaspoon of dried tarragon when you add the salt and pepper (does not affect the recipe's POINTS value).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More