- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 4 Tbsps soft butter
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps mustard
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1-1/2 tsps Worcestershire
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 lb. grated Cheddar
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 2 tomato slices
- Melt 2 tbsps butter in a double boiler.
- Beat together beer, egg, mustard, thyme, Worcestershire and cayenne.
- Add above mixture and cheese to melted butter.
- Stir until smooth, about 8 minutes.
- Toast bread and spread with remaining 2 tbsps butter.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese sauce. Add crisp bacon if desired.
NotesThis is a quicky and delicious lunch, nice enough for guests
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Camp Nubar Baking Class
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More