- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 4 Tbsps soft butter
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps mustard
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1-1/2 tsps Worcestershire
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 lb. grated Cheddar
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 2 tomato slices
- Melt 2 tbsps butter in a double boiler.
- Beat together beer, egg, mustard, thyme, Worcestershire and cayenne.
- Add above mixture and cheese to melted butter.
- Stir until smooth, about 8 minutes.
- Toast bread and spread with remaining 2 tbsps butter.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese sauce. Add crisp bacon if desired.
NotesThis is a quicky and delicious lunch, nice enough for guests
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Naked MacaronSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More