- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you like the chili at Wendy's fast food restuarants, you'll love this chili. It tastes just like the real thing. It's not very spicy, so you may want to add Red Hot or Tabasco if you prefer a spicier chili.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 T salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 lg white onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 15 oz cans light kidney beans, undrained
- 2 15 oz cans dark kidney beans, undrained
- 1 T chili powder
- 46 oz tomato juice
- Brown ground chuck in a large pot, adding salt, pepper, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- Drain fat.
- Add tomato paste.
- Fill the tomato paste can with water once, add water to pot and stir.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Add chili powder and tomato juice.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorte chili toppings.