- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 oz) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 small can chilis (or 2 fresh chopped ones)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tspn cumin powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tspn black pepper
- 2 tspn salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.
NotesThe best recipe I have ever found for what they serve at the restaurant. I put it in the crockpot instead of on the stove on low for about 10 hours.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More