- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 oz) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 small can chilis (or 2 fresh chopped ones)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tspn cumin powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tspn black pepper
- 2 tspn salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.
NotesThe best recipe I have ever found for what they serve at the restaurant. I put it in the crockpot instead of on the stove on low for about 10 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Adventures in CookingSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More