WENDY'S RESTAURANT CHILI
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 oz) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 small can chilis (or 2 fresh chopped ones)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tspn cumin powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tspn black pepper
- 2 tspn salt
- 2 cups water
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.