- Cooking Time: 210
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 (16 ounce) jar hot chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 pounds ground buffalo
- Soak beans in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
- In a large pot, combine beans with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 2 hours, until tender. Once the beans have absorbed most of the water, and are starting to soften, season with chile powder, red pepper flakes, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Reserve the seeds.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium low heat. Saute the onion and bell peppers for 3 minutes. Stir in diced zucchini, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and salsa. Season with jalapeno seeds and chili sauce, stir well, and leave on medium-low heat.
- Place ground buffalo meat in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir buffalo and vegetable mixture into beans. Continue to simmer for 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Italian Exchange
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More