- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryWe had this tonight and it was yummy! From the TOH recipe web site.
- 1 lb. lean Ground Beef (brown & drain fat)
- 3-1/2 C. (10-12) Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C. Green Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 C. Onion, chopped
- 1/4 t. Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 t. Basil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 C. cooked Brown Rice
- 1/4 lb. Monteray or Pepperjack Cheese, sliced
- Additional add ins:
- 1 T. Franks Hot Sauce (optional)
- Jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- Brown ground beef, drain away fat. Add to beef the rest of the ingrediants except the rice and cheese. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add rice and heat through another 20 minutes. Arrange cheese on top of hash, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir, serve and enjoy!