- Cooking Time: 120 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Tweaked just a bit for my own use.
- •1 cup flour
- •seasoned salt
- •1/2 teaspoon paprika
- • 1 lb cubed stewing beef
- •vegetable oil
- • 1 diced onion
- •3 potatoes, cut & cubed
- •sliced carrots
- •1/2 can stewed tomatoes
- •3 teaspoons/cubes beef bullion
- 1. Put flour, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika in a brown paper lunch bag. Add beef cubes and shake.
- 2. Heat oil in a heavy pot and sauté the onion. Shake off the excess flour from the meat and brown on all sides with onion, adding more oil when needed.
- 3. Add enough water to cover the meat, about 3 cups. Bring to a boil, adding bullion.
- 4. Add potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes (no juice from tomato can). Simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. To thicken, add some of the leftover flour mixture used to coat the beef.
- 5. Serve by itself or over noodles.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More