- Cooking Time: 120 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- •1 cup flour
- •seasoned salt
- •1/2 teaspoon paprika
- • 1 lb cubed stewing beef
- •vegetable oil
- • 1 diced onion
- •3 potatoes, cut & cubed
- •sliced carrots
- •1/2 can stewed tomatoes
- •3 teaspoons/cubes beef bullion
- 1. Put flour, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika in a brown paper lunch bag. Add beef cubes and shake.
- 2. Heat oil in a heavy pot and sauté the onion. Shake off the excess flour from the meat and brown on all sides with onion, adding more oil when needed.
- 3. Add enough water to cover the meat, about 3 cups. Bring to a boil, adding bullion.
- 4. Add potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes (no juice from tomato can). Simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. To thicken, add some of the leftover flour mixture used to coat the beef.
- 5. Serve by itself or over noodles.
Tweaked just a bit for my own use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More