What's Your Beef, Stew?
Why I Love This Recipe
Tweaked just a bit for my own use.
Ingredients You'll Need
•1 cup flour
•1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 lb cubed stewing beef
• 1 diced onion
•3 potatoes, cut & cubed
•1/2 can stewed tomatoes
•3 teaspoons/cubes beef bullion
1. Put flour, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika in a brown paper lunch bag. Add beef cubes and shake.
2. Heat oil in a heavy pot and sauté the onion. Shake off the excess flour from the meat and brown on all sides with onion, adding more oil when needed.
3. Add enough water to cover the meat, about 3 cups. Bring to a boil, adding bullion.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes (no juice from tomato can). Simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. To thicken, add some of the leftover flour mixture used to coat the beef.
5. Serve by itself or over noodles.