- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- For the wheat berries and edamame
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup dry wheat berries, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- For the salad
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- To prepare the wheat berries and edamame:
- Bring water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and wheat berries to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the edamame and continue to cook until they are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- To prepare the salad:
- In a large bowl, add cooked wheat berries, edamame, tomatoes, celery and currants.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour over wheat berry mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
NotesFrom food blogger: Culinary in the Desert
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More