- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 1 - 2
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryAfter having an 'original version' of this, I wanted to experiment to find a better wheat free version I could enjoy more. I wanted a bit richer, rounder flavour. This worked pretty well.
I think my next test will add pecans and/or chocolate shavings. I'm also considering adding melted chocolate to add even more richness without the chips sinking to the bottom. The only catch is whether it will mess with the microwave timing to have more moisture...
- 2 Tbsp oat flour + 2 Tbsp barley flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- vanilla extract
- Use the mug to melt butter in the microwave.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk, melted butter, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the mug and microwave for 3 minutes at 1000watts.
- (The cake will rise over the top of the mug, looks like it will overflow but miraculously doesn't! It settles back into the mug when the microwave is done.)
- Cool slightly and enjoy!