- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 40 crackers
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI got this recipe from Kalinda Piper from Wheat Free Meat Free.
This was Recipe #31 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These crackers have a delicious flavour and texture using a mixture of almond meal, sorghum flour, and potato starch, and binding it all together with flaxmeal. Aren't flaxseeds a gift from the Gods in the gluten free vegan world?! Just AMAZING! If you have never made crackers before, give it a go! You will be surprised at how easy it is! Kalinda's crackers are wonderful with vegan dips and spreads, or with a delicious salad or soup.
Kalinda says about rolling the crackers, "A lot of cracker recipes suggest that you roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment. I found that to be a big pain. But it might help if you’re having problems with dough sticking to your rolling pin. Also, don’t be afraid to use your hands to help shape the dough and patch up cracks. If you have coarse salt, a little sprinkle on top before baking would be nice." I did roll mine out between two sheets of paper because I just found it quicker and easier. But either way works!
For more information about this recipe, check out Kalinda's original recipe post.
Learn more about Kalinda Piper at Wheat Free Meat Free.
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 / 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the flax seed meal in a small bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water and stir well. Let sit about 5 minutes.
- Put the flours, salt, garlic powder, and rosemary into the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to mix the flours.
- Add the oil and flax seed mix. Mix on a medium-speed until dough comes together.
- Tear a piece of parchment paper to fit a large baking sheet.
- Lay on the counter and turn the dough onto the parchment paper. Roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Transfer parchment paper to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 17-18 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Makes approximately 40 crackers