WHEAT AND DAIRY FREE SUGAR COOKIES
Wheat and Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup Crisco all vegetable shortening - regular or butter flavored
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Hodgson Mill baking mix
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix shortening, sugar, and vanilla at a medium speed until well blended.
2. Beat egg into mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together Hodgson Mill baking mix, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into shortening mixture at low speed until well blended.
5. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
6. Heat oven to 375.
7. Place 1/2 of dough in a ball on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with more plastic wrap and roll out the dough - not too thin as these cookies can be difficult to move to the cookie sheet without tearing.
8. Cut with cookie cutters and sprinkle with sugar (or don't do the sugar if you plan to ice them).
9. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for approx. 8 minutes or until set.
10. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.