- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6, 2 cracker each
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI have been trying to start wheat free but miss the crunch of crackers and chips. Most recipes I found included rice flour, potato starch and other ingredients that are also reported to increase blood sugar. I found a recipe for crackers and started substituting other ingredients. It's nowhere like the original recipe photo but it's got a good crunch and satisfies that craving. This variation is a slightly sweet cinnamon cracker that's reminiscent of the pie crust scraps I had as a child.
These make great S'Mores! Place 1 square on a plate. Add milk chocolate (bar or chips). Top with marshmallow and microwave for 15 - 30 seconds until the marshmallow puffs to your liking. Eat as is or add another cracker. Yummm!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 3/4 c garbanzo bean flour
- 2 T Splenda sweetener
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 T butter, in 1 T units
- 1 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 6 T cold water
- sugar & cinnamon blended together
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Add butter and pulse until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add flavoring and water, process until it comes together about 15 - 20 seconds.
- Place on parchment paper about the size of your baking sheet, roughly 12 x 16.
- Top with another layer of parchment paper and roll to size of pan.
- Place in freezer for about 5 min, then remove top layer of parchment.
- Score with a pizza cutter. I score these about 2" square.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon blend.
- Bake at 400° for 12 - 15 minutes.
- You may need to remove the thinner edges early and return the rest to finish.
- Let cool on rack and then break along your score lines.