- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * Cooking spray
- * 1 cup chocolate whey crisps
- * 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- * 3 large eggs
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- * 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- * 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- * 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- * 1 tablespoon hot water
- * Dash of salt
- * 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- * Powdered sugar (optional)
- * Orange rind strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with parchment or wax paper. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- Place 3/4 cup sugar and eggs in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 7 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cocoa in a small bowl; set aside. Place juice, liqueur, water, salt, and chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave at high 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture; whisk until smooth. Add Chocolate crisps.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold into remaining egg mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to larger pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350°for 20 minutes or until top is set.
- Remove cake pan from water; cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with powdered sugar and rind just before serving, if desired.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More