- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * Cooking spray
- * 1 cup chocolate whey crisps
- * 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- * 3 large eggs
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- * 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- * 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- * 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- * 1 tablespoon hot water
- * Dash of salt
- * 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- * Powdered sugar (optional)
- * Orange rind strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with parchment or wax paper. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- Place 3/4 cup sugar and eggs in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 7 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cocoa in a small bowl; set aside. Place juice, liqueur, water, salt, and chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave at high 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture; whisk until smooth. Add Chocolate crisps.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold into remaining egg mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to larger pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350°for 20 minutes or until top is set.
- Remove cake pan from water; cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with powdered sugar and rind just before serving, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More