- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10-15 pound Turkey (Thawed)
- 1 Whole Large Onion
- 2 Whole Apples (Peeled)
- 1 Stick Butter (To rub down bird)
- Salt and Pepper
- Oven Roasting Bag
- Sit back and relax, this bird cooks while you sleep!
- Around 10:00pm, the night before Thanksgiving or whenever you have a desire for turkey, pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Wash, remove liver, gizzard, neck, heart, etc and place bird inside floured oven roasted bag in a roasting pan. Stuff bird with onion, apples and 1/4 stick of butter. Rub bird down with remaining butter then salt and pepper. Tie that baby up and place in the oven for 10-12lbs 1 hour, 13-15lbs 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the oven...BUT DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR! Go to bed. When you wake up, remove the bird and carve as usual.
- You will be surprised at just how moist and DONE this bird is. Your family and guest will be amazed.
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More