- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10-15 pound Turkey (Thawed)
- 1 Whole Large Onion
- 2 Whole Apples (Peeled)
- 1 Stick Butter (To rub down bird)
- Salt and Pepper
- Oven Roasting Bag
- Sit back and relax, this bird cooks while you sleep!
- Around 10:00pm, the night before Thanksgiving or whenever you have a desire for turkey, pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Wash, remove liver, gizzard, neck, heart, etc and place bird inside floured oven roasted bag in a roasting pan. Stuff bird with onion, apples and 1/4 stick of butter. Rub bird down with remaining butter then salt and pepper. Tie that baby up and place in the oven for 10-12lbs 1 hour, 13-15lbs 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the oven...BUT DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR! Go to bed. When you wake up, remove the bird and carve as usual.
- You will be surprised at just how moist and DONE this bird is. Your family and guest will be amazed.