- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 Ounces Shea Butter, Crushed and Refined (you can also use cocoa butter)
- 3 Ounces Peach Kernel Oil
- 3 Ounces Safflower Oil, High Linoleic
- 1 Ounce Jojoba Esters, 70 (MP70)
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- Essential Oil Blend
- 15 drops Bourbon Vanilla Absolute
- 25 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
- In a double boiler, melt and heat the Shea Butter to approximately 175 Degrees Fahrenheit. (You can use a candy thermometer to check)
- Hold the melted Shea Butter at this temperature for at least twenty minutes before adding the Jojoba Esters.
- As soon as the Jojoba Esters have melted remove the mixture from heat. Next, add the Peach Kernel and Safflower Oils, and the Cornstarch.
- Stir the mixture well then begin to whip it using a hand or stand mixer.
- Whip the mixture for 5 - 10 minutes then add the Essential Oil Blend.
- Continue to whip the mixture for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- As the mixture cools it will thicken, and firm up.
- The finished mixture can be spooned or piped into containers.
- Within a few hours, the Mousse should set and become stiff.
NotesA friend made this for me as a gift, and I was instantly addicted. I have yet to make it myself, but she gave me the recipe in case I feel motivated. Shea butter can be hard to work with, so cocoa butter can be used instead to make it smoother.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More