- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 Ounces Shea Butter, Crushed and Refined (you can also use cocoa butter)
- 3 Ounces Peach Kernel Oil
- 3 Ounces Safflower Oil, High Linoleic
- 1 Ounce Jojoba Esters, 70 (MP70)
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- Essential Oil Blend
- 15 drops Bourbon Vanilla Absolute
- 25 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
- In a double boiler, melt and heat the Shea Butter to approximately 175 Degrees Fahrenheit. (You can use a candy thermometer to check)
- Hold the melted Shea Butter at this temperature for at least twenty minutes before adding the Jojoba Esters.
- As soon as the Jojoba Esters have melted remove the mixture from heat. Next, add the Peach Kernel and Safflower Oils, and the Cornstarch.
- Stir the mixture well then begin to whip it using a hand or stand mixer.
- Whip the mixture for 5 - 10 minutes then add the Essential Oil Blend.
- Continue to whip the mixture for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- As the mixture cools it will thicken, and firm up.
- The finished mixture can be spooned or piped into containers.
- Within a few hours, the Mousse should set and become stiff.
NotesA friend made this for me as a gift, and I was instantly addicted. I have yet to make it myself, but she gave me the recipe in case I feel motivated. Shea butter can be hard to work with, so cocoa butter can be used instead to make it smoother.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More