- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, put them in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss the bananas into the pan and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven but don't turn the oven off.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl. Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with 1 stick of the butter, and the honey. Season with salt and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until everything's well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
- Spoon into an oven-proof serving bowl and smooth the top.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use your fingers to rub together the remaining stick of butter, the brown sugar, flour, and pecans until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden.
- Serve hot.
NotesHere's another Holiday recipe I seen on the Food Channel today on"Tyler's Ultimate" show. if my SIL wasn't bringing a Sweet Potatoe Casserole, I definitely be making this, as it looked soooo good! I guess there's always Christmas! Matbe you all would like to give it a try. Debbie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More