- Cooking Time: 1 min.
- Servings: yields 2 3/4 cps.
- Preparation Time: 5 min.
- 1 1/2 cps. milk
- 1/2 cp. butter or margarine
- 1 cp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cp. water
- 1/2 cp. bourbon
- Cook first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cp water, stirring until smooth.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, boil stirring constantly for 1 min.
- Serve over warm bread pudding.
NotesThis sauce accompanies my Southern Living recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding. But you can use this sauce on lots of different desserts. Its fabulous on them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More