- Cooking Time: 1 min.
- Servings: yields 2 3/4 cps.
- Preparation Time: 5 min.
- 1 1/2 cps. milk
- 1/2 cp. butter or margarine
- 1 cp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cp. water
- 1/2 cp. bourbon
- Cook first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cp water, stirring until smooth.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, boil stirring constantly for 1 min.
- Serve over warm bread pudding.
NotesThis sauce accompanies my Southern Living recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding. But you can use this sauce on lots of different desserts. Its fabulous on them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More