- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 100g pkg walnut halves, chopped
- 3/4 cup your favourite stout beer, at room temperature (I like Guinness or Murphy's, personally)
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line 11x7" pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light & fluffy (by hand - please don't mix with a mixer!).
- Melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and beat it into the egg mixture (again, please do this by hand!).
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder into bowl and beat them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add walnuts & mix.
- Whisk in stout.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 mins, or until top springs back when touched.
- Let cool.
- Dust with confectioners sugar & serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip's
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More