- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 100g pkg walnut halves, chopped
- 3/4 cup your favourite stout beer, at room temperature (I like Guinness or Murphy's, personally)
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line 11x7" pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light & fluffy (by hand - please don't mix with a mixer!).
- Melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and beat it into the egg mixture (again, please do this by hand!).
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder into bowl and beat them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add walnuts & mix.
- Whisk in stout.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 mins, or until top springs back when touched.
- Let cool.
- Dust with confectioners sugar & serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More